Lesson Menu #2
Intermediate & Advanced.
Lesson Menu #3
Advanced & Ultra-Advanced.
Lesson Menu #4
Text lessons: All levels.
Intermediate & Advanced
Your future is waiting.
This FASCINATING WAY!
Discover the 'LOST KEY' for Unraveling
ALL the mysteries of rhythm, and musical time.
is the crowning-achievement of my 50 year career, and it's
my proudest accomplishment.
It contains the potential to help YOU change the face of modern music!
You'll love it! CLICK HERE to check it
You're in for a MAJOR surprise!
Can we teach rhythm
This is a very short course,
designed to help adults plant the seeds of rhythm
into children of nearly any age. CLICK HERE
SURPRISES ABOUND . . . For those with a bit of generosity
in their soul.
CLICK HERE , to see what I mean.
FREE ELECTRONIC BOOK BONUS (also included as a free bonus or sold
MAKE BIG MONEY SELLING USED DRUMSETS!
* INSIDER HARDBALL-BUYING-TIPS AND SECRETS.
* UNIQUE RECOVERING SECRETS
Support this site and and gain an advetising bargain with the deal.
Place a permanent ad here.
Drummers Trivia *
Drummers Chat Rooms *
Digital Music *
Knowledge Assessments *
TD Archives *
Drum Set Buyers Guide *
Bass-Player Jokes *
Assembling a Drum Set *
Parts of a Drum Set *
About HSID *
School of Drums
Jeez! This is an impossible task! It's impossible to keep up-to-date
with all the changes that occur daily, in pop music styles. This little list was
compiled back in the 90s. It was out of date within two months of the time
it was created. I immediately realized that any attempts to keep-up would
consume ALL my time. It's best for you to just listen to any and all songs
that play around you every day. Learn to listen deep to EVERY song, analyze it,
then determine WHICH beat category the song may belong to. Your skill at
doing this will improve with time, as it becomes a habit.
Be sure to see the newer Digital Music section. It contains actual song
clips, grouped in the various beat categories. This old song list (below) is still here, but the newer idea
with clips, seems to help a lot more. Again, there's a problem with doing it
that way, too. I just linked to songs I found on the web. Those songs may have disappeared, by the time you
made it to the page.
Also; I'd put YOUR favorite songs on
there, but I don't know what songs are YOUR favorites. Only
you will know that.
Learn to listen deep into ALL music and make the beat determinations for yourself.
It's all about using your ears, and thinking for yourself.
This song list is provided to help you digest the material in each of the previous lessons. If you can think (or hear) a song that uses a certain beat, it will help you to feel the rhythm that you want to learn. Below are listed a few songs in each category. Think the songs (if you have heard them before) while you practice the beat in that category. If that doesn't work then try to obtain a copy of the song.
Notice: The following songs are listed in their respective beat categories but the drummers on the recordings may stray from the basic beat pattern. Use your 'ear' and try to imitate their rhythms whenever possible. Don't be afraid to stray from the basics. THAT IS THE OBJECTIVE!
16th 'Rock' 4/4:
- 'Stuck On You' * Lionel Ritchie
- 'Three Little Pigs' * Green Jelly
- 'Tommorow' * Silverchair
- 'Dose' * Filter
- 'Black Hole Sun' * Soundgarden
- 'Wonderful Tonight' * Eric Clapton
- 'Color My World' * Chicago
- 'Knights In White Satin' * Moody Blues
- 'Kiss From A Rose' * Seal
- 'Galaxy' * Blind Melon
8th 'Rock' 4/4
- 'Something For The Pain' * Bon Jovi
- 'Mary Janes Last Dance' * Tom Petty
- 'Hard As A Rock' * AC/DC
- 'Gangsta's Paradise' * Coolio Featuring L.V. (This song makes use of a very common eighth rock variation. Listen and imitate.)
- 'Ants Marching' * Dave Matthews Band
- 'Only Wanna Be With You' * Hootie And The Blowfish
- 'This' * Rod Stewart
- 'Old Time Rock n Roll' * Bob Seger
- 'Proud Mary' * Credance Clearwater Revival
- 'Shes Not like You' * Rod Stewart
- 'You Oughta Know' * Alanis Morissette (Similar to Fatback in Syncs lesson)
- 'Boot Scootin' Boogie' * Brooks and Dunn
- 'Heartache Tonight' * Eagles
- 'Smokin' In The Boys Room' * Motley Crue.
Quarter 'Rock' 4/4
- Can't Wait One Minute More' * CIV
If you are jamming . . .
you COULD be making money at it!
Start tomorrow @ Top Pay
CLICK HERE and I'll show you the way!
Copyright Bill Powelson 1994 all rights reserved.